Ad

Monday, April 27, 2015

Scary times with PCOS

This weekend was pretty darn boring and there wasn't really anything to write about... So, I thought I would talk about something that had happened to me a year ago and how that scared the ever living bejesus out of me. Last January/ February I started a period just like normal... It was heavy, annoying and at one point I even had to take off my pants wash them and hop into the shower before the blood could fit the floor (don't ask I don't know how I managed it). It wasn't till about a two or three weeks had past that I started to feel woozy and like I had to start taking it easier. Up until last year it was always hard to do but I managed to do my work anyway with only a few call outs. Well one day I was especially pale and my husband refused to let me go to work. I got to the toilet and sat there for two hours just feeling the blood leave me ( I know TMI again). It wasn't till around 10/11 that i resigned my fate of not going in to work but, I still wanted my husband to go into his job . Thank God he stood home otherwise I would probably be dead. At that point I had been bleeding for 36 days that's o er a month! For some people you will be like yea and I bleed like that all the time and longer. Others will probably think I'm lying or that its fucking  crazy. I promise you it's the truth!! Anyway my husband decides to put me into the bath to ease any cramps and help the blood come out and well it does. I turned my bath into the Red Sea and...that...was..fun.... Well as you can imagine with all the blood loss once I tried to get out of the bathtub my head swam and somehow managed to sit myself on the toilet before fainting. In the span it took me to seat myself, my husband appeared and was able to position himself were i not only threw up on him but fell on him. For those of you who have never passed out before it is crazy. I felt as if I was floating in a black room and the only sound was me screaming for my husband. I couldn't feel him, hear him, nothing it was a sensory shut down which is unbelievably horrible or rather believably horrible. Any way after all that we went to the hospital where they chastised me and gave me blood transfusions and medicine to stop the bleeding. By the time I left the hospital my body was between spotting and just regular bleeding. The next 20 day however was not that great. I took 4 birth control pills a day basically and yet I still overtly bled and lossed a lot of my ability to move around. My legs essentially became wet spagehetti and I had to start conditioning myself. In all it took me and my body till mid-may to get my body up to were I could work with out being completely hindered. 
 If anyone else has had something similar please share I would love to hear more.

No comments:

Post a Comment