Ad

Saturday, April 25, 2015

Art speak and Pojazz

    Im excited (and slightly drunk) about today's workshop and Pojazz on the Hudson. 
     Today's workshop was co-hosted by pretty awesome Jazz poets E.J. and Golda S.;both of whom are professors. E.J took over the workshop today and filled us in on a bit of her back ground story while managing to leave us with a question we will be asking our selves for years. "What kind of poet are you?" You guys can give me some of your answers but even after 10 years of (attempting) writing poetry I am still not sure.
    When we got down to the writing part we were given packets with promps and questions we should ask ourselves as we  walked around the Gallery and truly looked at the art around us. I was of course drawn to the more sparkly painting and used the promp to write a short poem that I will share later as well as some other poems from the evening.
   After we went around the table reading we quickly got ready for the open mic and The PojazzCollective. Of course I went up and quickly read through a poem I had posted on here a while ago. 
After me went a few of the other Art Speak participants and I was of course blown out of the water by their intense poems. However, none of that prepared me for the most entertaining of performances I witnessed with the PoJazz Collective. If you do anything please see them and you will not regret it!! They have some great poems, great music and a chemistry you can not buy that leads to these amusing parts were you just have to laugh. I leave you off with a promise for dates and times soon to follow!!!


Sorry this was written Friday evening but never went through. 

No comments:

Post a Comment