Ad

Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Depression

Yesterday I meant to write about mental illness and how it can affect anyone but instead I cried myself to sleep. So, I'll write about it today. Not a lot of people know this but I suffer from depression and anxiety. At a young age I was diagnosed as manic depressive and as I got older with anxiety. I have a difficult time in a crowd of people and often feel judged and like it's difficult to be social. Hence, why I spend a lot of time sequestered away and ready stories. I have learned that for me writing is a great outlet. It's a way for me to communicate without getting mixed up and jumbled and its a way for me to get out my emotions. I'm sure not a lot of you understand. First your probably wondering what manic depression is, well the best way I can describe it, is bipolar disorder just not so fast. My emotions are roller coasters that effect me physically and emotionally. I have literally say and had a nice conversation with someone about happy topics and tears would fall from my eyes or I could be very giddy and laugh and be comfortable talking with people as if I were drunk and then the next day cry and want to die. My emotions don't always come with a warning but when they do, I try to brace  myself and the people around me. Depression has made my life harder and the situations I go though more difficult. Sometimes I have the blessing/ curse of numbness which does nothing but prolong whatever sadness I may end up with. I don't think I can cover it all in one post but be sure to know I will be talking more about it. For now be open and understanding to the people around you. You never know what they have gone through or are going through.

No comments:

Post a Comment